Monday, August 15, 2016

Day 15 - Great Balls of Fire

I've never been interested in history. It was always the subject I found the most boring in school - it was nothing but "years" and "old names" to me, it never came alive and I never really cared for it. Not that I hated it, it was just... meh...

When I went to the uni I really started to hate history... You see, I had to take "The History of Literature" as a part of my education. Sigh... talk about lost potential! I mean what better way is there to make history come alive than through literature? Sadly, that was far from the case. The shear volume of literary works we had to read was staggering in itself, but that's not what made me hate it - I love reading. No, the thing that made me hate it with a burning passion was that the course was accompanied with a list of (I kid you not) hundreds of authors, publishing dates and book-titles that we had to memorize for the final exam. I've never struggled so much with anything in my life! I passed though, and on my first try too. Thank goodness for that! Can you guess how much I can retain today? The answer is next to nothing. Well done uni, well done...

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. You're way too smart to hate history. Trust me - by the time you're 40 you won't be able to get enough of it :-)
    Great shot btw, very well,composed, even has a neat little label positioned in exactly the right place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaw, sweet talker you :). Actually, that day at the made me like history much more, but then history really came alive then and there, and, I got to combine it with my favorite hobby :)

      Delete
  2. Nice warm tones in this one and the whole idea of the shot looks great. Positioning, props, background and all!

    I never liked history either, but my husband is a complete nut about it, so I have learned to have some appreciation of it, if not a love of it...

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...