Sunday, August 21, 2016

Day 21 - Sculpted

I have to admit, when I was at the castle in Chateauneuf en Auxois, I totally fell in love with all the little details inside, like the ornamented windows, the sculpted stone and the aging paint pealing off hand-crafted wood. I love stuff like that. I'm a sucker for aged textures :).

Editing the shots, I'm trying very hard to resist my urge to crank up the contrast. I love doing that as it usually brings out the colors and clarity of a shot, though these shots are all about the texture and light, and cranking up the contrast eliminates that. I hope I've gotten it right - a part of me still wants to crank up the contrast, but then, the different shades of white and grey are more discernible this way, so I keep going back to it.

Do you agree? Is less more in this case?

Cheers

/MrsHjort


2 comments:

  1. I think you nailed this one spot-on, the processing looks great.
    Hard to believe that some of these structures are many hundreds of years old and still in such good condition. Old architecture around here is way less that 100 yrs and usually falling apart horribly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got the contrast just right here. We can definitely see the shapes and relief in the corner details and the alternating light and shade works well to highlight that. Yet you have still managed to keep the soft delicate of a high key image prevalent. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...