Sunday, August 28, 2016

Day 28 - Red Window

This window is something that caught my eye straight away. It's quite striking don't you think? Subjects such as these are a joy to shoot.

I've removed two distracting items from this shot, can you spot which ones? Hey! That could be a fun idea for a photo contest! A comparative "spot the five changes" competition. What a fun combination of childhood memories and photography.

Speaking of contests, Dagger Bay is increasing the number of advanced contests next week, so if you haven't already found your way there, I can really recommend it. There are lots of fun competitions to be found there, as well as tutorials, a great forum, and some of the most awesome people you can find online. :)

I hope I'll see you there!

/MrsHjort



3 comments:

  1. Classic shot, love the red frame popping out and just begging to be shot, well done also on removing the offensive items (found them both)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that splashg of colour in the upper part of the shot and the removal of the two offending items was a great idea. I think you could possibly look at using your lens correction tool to make this appear directly head on, as it feels a bit tilted over to the right, and not exactly square to the camera, which it feels like it should be. Fantastic colours and a lovely subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did use the lens correction tool. Maybe it's me thats crooked haha

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...