Thursday, August 11, 2016

Day 11 - The Squire



It's not everyday you get to see two knights in full armor have at each other with war-hammers! In the middle of lunch there was suddenly a roar right outside the restaurant garden, Overcome by curiosity, I grabbed my camera and hurried to see what the fuss was about, and to my surprise I found this dramatic scene playing out. I didn't understand a word - I only know a couple of words in French - but the drama spoke for itself. Sadly the crowd ruined the photos from the actual fights (people got right in my way) but I did get this shot, of a squire helping out his knight, adjusting a gauntlet. I hope you like it.

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with his armour, dazzling work for sure. Pity indeed about the crowd of peasants behind, perhaps desaturating them somewhat might make them further inconspicuous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is indeed a very cool moment to have captured and I smiled to read Craig's comment because mine was goign to be exactly that, particularly the dude with the blue shirt. I'd even turn that colour to something else duller and more in keeping with the times that the peasants might be dressed in. And if you could somehow disguise (clone away) the camera the lady at the right is holding, you could have us convinced that they are also part of the tableau. Very nice work on the details and contrast in your main players again.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...