Monday, August 1, 2016

Day 1 - Ser Barristan the Bold

I know this is the costume of a temple knight, but having read all of George R.R. Martin's famous books, and seen the Game of Thrones TV-series, I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite characters. He looks quite like him don't you think :).

As I wrote yesterday the goal of my challenge will be to edit the photos I took at a medieval market in France a week ago. I went there with only one lens. I chose the 18-105 mm one, since it's the most flexible and least intrusive of my lenses. I love doing candid shots and tried my very best to be discrete. I didn't quite manage with this guy though, who spotted me at the last moment. It still turned out great though.

I've done quite a lot of editing to this shot. It's not quite as zoomed in as you'd think - the DOF is faked - and I've cropped away quite a bit. Like I said, I was trying to be discrete and not zoom in on people. I figured I'd fake it in post-ed (selective blurring). Other than that I've done the usual basic stuff
(corrected the levels) and played around with the Nik Collection. I used Skylight, Bleach Bypass and Contrast Color Range. After that I sharpened the main subject and added a slight vignette.

I hope you like it

/MrsHjort


2 comments:

  1. Looks great Natalie, you've done a real good job on the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice popping colours and I love the jaunty expression on his face and his pose and attitude. Great work with the processing, especially the fake DOF. Nice touch.

    Great start to your challenge!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...