Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Day 30 - Out of a Fairytale

This shot concludes my medieval market series. It's of one of the castle's towers. Each time I see it, I half expect Rapunzel to let down her hair haha. The architecture and the general mood of this shot is just like what I imagined when I was a child, listening to the story as my mother read it to me before I fell asleep.

30 is an appropriate number to end on, and I want to congratulate my fellow challenge participators Kim and Craig on making it this far. It's a joy to to get to see your pictures every day, and I really enjoy reading your thoughtful comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me, and for making this challenge so much fun. You guys are awesome!

Like I said, 30 is a nice round number to end on, it's the length of many of the months and the length of the challenges hosted in the past. Though it need not be the end. This challenge is a casual one, and we're all free to stay and play for as long as we like (or jump right in and join the fun, if you've not been a port of it yet). Personally, I still have a load of unedited pictures on my hard drive, So you'll see me for a while yet, and hopefully a bunch of cool people will help keep the challenge
alive with me.

I'm still undecided on what to continue with, now that this set is finished. I'm choosing between more pictures from the vacation in France, and pictures from the weekend in Edinburgh. I've done my homework and picked out the pictures I want to edit from both trips - 105 more Frenchy shots and 87 from Scotland. So, there is a lot to choose from whatever I decide. Hey, maybe you can help me make up my mind? What do you think I should choose?

Cheers

/MrsHjort


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful - Like something from Hogwarts. Bit of an optical illusion of a lean to the right, but the character in the walls and tiles and the drama in the sky and clouds make this image explode. Great work.

    Well done on making 30 (and with your image count also ;-) ) and looking forward to seeing some more of whatever you choose. Who knows, I might even join in for another round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey! That's great! I really hope you'll join me.

      Haha, I just got the joke, now let's hope we both make it to your number ;).

      Delete
  2. Love the character on those walls and the fabulous fairytale feeling of those turrets is amazing! I am definitely feeling what you feel there!

    Well done for finishing all 30 days and one day at a time! I wasn't quite so diligent as you every day, but I did get the editing done, which was the point of it, I guess!

    Very nice work all month! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. Like you said, it's the editing that counts. I've really enjoyed your pictures this time. I always do :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...