Thursday, August 18, 2016

Day 18 - Gunpowder

This is me trying out fake DOF on a still life in order to make distracting stuff in the background less distracting. Did it work? Or did I just blow in by telling you haha. I like the result nonetheless, even though this is a very brown shot (I'm no fan of the color).

I am a fan of olden things though. I think it's my next favorite thing to shoot, right after nature. There are just so many wonderful textures to be found on the surfaces of aged stuff.

There is also something very attractive about things that have been made by hand. They're not perfect like the massproducerad stuff you see everywhere nowadays, and those little "imperfections" make them much more interesting. A little wonkiness, asymmetry or a crack or two... nothing wrong with that. Great stuff, it shows character :)

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Potentially an explosive shot :-) I find the tilt in the background horizontal a little disturbing though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background work was well worth the time. Definitely improves it. And I agree about the authentic sort of look that old stuff has. Definitely believable. I think that they should rough up and dirty up the skull and writing though, to make it even more believable! But I wouldn't suggest that you do that for them. They might arrest you!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...