Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Day 24 - Bricks and Stone

The juxtaposition of these very different types of stone caught my eye as I was wandering through the castle. Not that I know when they started laying brick walls like this, but I have a feeling it wasn't in the Medieval ages - it looks way to even and well maintained to be that old. I guess they had to redo this fireplace at some point. I like the effect nonetheless.

This will be the end of my abstract texture high key shots, and I'll move on to... I don't really know what I'll move on to... I've sort of exhausted the best of my shots from the day at the market, but I might be able to dig up some more if I really try. Otherwise you'll se some of the other pictures I took in France. Either way, I'm no way near done with this challenge :)

I'll see you tomorrow

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. The brickwork and mantle-piece details are gorgeous, pity they don't build like that anymore. your processing brings them to life also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely contrast and textures, although I feel the whole thing is leaning a bit to the left. Love those old columns with the ornate tops.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...