Saturday, August 20, 2016

Day 20 - White Door



An other Saturday and we're hosting yet another birthday party. It's quite fun do get to celebrate my birthday almost the entire month haha. This time it's with my family. We had planned to invite them all earlier, but both Mr and I were sick back when we had planned to host the family dinner, so we had to cancel. We're still not 100% well, this dang cough just never ends, but we're definitely well enough to celebrate, eat cake and enjoy ourselves.

As usual Mr prepared my cake, and as usual he has outdone himself! He tries to make the cakes larger and more yummy each year haha. So, this year it's a 8 layered cake, with 30 written in blueberries on top, and a lot of fruit and berries inside. Yum yum yum! I'll try to take a picture and show you the masterpiece.

See you tomorrow

/MrsHjort


3 comments:

  1. I feel you've gone looking for some textural character in this shot? And while there is some, I must admit to missing some sort of focal point although the processing on the whites is great.
    Hope you have a great party (again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and yes, the texture is what I fell in love with here, you're absolutely correct :)

      Delete
  2. I like the off-centre placement of the vertical strong line, but like Craig, I think this has missed the mark a bit in terms of showing the texture and relief of the detail of those doors. A bit of sidelighting would have been great, or extra contrast, but I realise that's not the look you were going for with your whites on white. This is a good representation of your theme.

    And happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...