Thursday, September 12, 2019

Day 12 - Altar, Organ, Spaciousness


I thought I was finished with the shots from Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens, but I was not. These last ones just had to be added into the challenge. The first, because I love how it shows just how grand the cathedral is inside- and I like how the architectural shapes repeat in foreground and background. To wander inside this fantastic building in the morning in complete silence really was something I'll never forget and this image really reminds me of what it felt like being there... the experience of being almost alone inside this wonder was extraordinary.


The second shot is for Bob, who remarked that the organ in a shot from a cathedral Rome in this post was outmaneuvered by another compositional element. I couldn't help but think about you as I shot this, Bob :). Maybe the window steals the show a bit in this one... but I like to think that it shows off the organ as well. We didn't hear it play when we were in the cathedral, but it sure looks beautiful, and it's very tasteful how the inner decor works together.

I hope you like this one Bob :)

The third is quite similar to the first shot I showed you of the inside, but it's taken from a bit further in and I like this shot's composition better (and you can see the altar better), though the other one shows off the the spaciousness of the cathedral well, just like the top shot of today. Either way, I like this one too much to leave it out, so it became a bonus shot. not that I'm sure which ones are bonus shots and which ones are the official ones... just like a proud mother I like them all ;)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Yep, cool pipes! :) I like them all except for the split top one - where the optical illusion makes it look like the place is going to fall down (ha). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I'm glad you like them. Better hope things stay up. We need at least one Notre-Dame in good shape :)

      Delete
  2. Of course you love them all, we do too. This church filled with decorations but every one of them is so delicate that all of them create a subtle elegance. None of the decorations is even trying to overpower the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, they really made places like this work back when they were built. Harmony everywhere. Very tasteful.

      Delete
  3. The last one is so impressive and my favorite... I imagine you feel very tiny walking in and seeing something so grand. MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, that's exactly it. Add to that the beauty that is making your camera trigger finger itch and it's like being a child again :)

      Delete
  4. I always have a difficult time capturing huge spaces like this. I think my favorite is the last "bonus" shot. It really captures the vastness of the interior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, places such as this can be tricky, but the more often you do them, the better you get at it :)

      Delete
  5. They are all beautiful photos! And how lucky you were to be able to enjoy without anyone in the way of your photos! I'm having a hard time though with your first photo, the side by side of the RAW and processed, I know it's not but the photo on the right sure seems like it's leaning more to the right than the left photo! How the eyes play tricks on us! I think my favorite of the three is the last one as it shows off the size and grandeur of the place and I think because it is very centered and symmetrical.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...