Thursday, September 26, 2019

Day 26 - Through the Château Windows

The trouble with tourist hot sports like Château de Chenonceau is that if you go inside, so did a lot of other people. With crowds like that it's very hard to get a clean shot of the pretty interiors, and even if you do manage to get one, you seldom have time to compose them in an optional way. As I was wandering though the many lovely rooms of the chateau I thought I had managed to get a few really good shots, but as I looked though them on my computer at home I cringed at some of the mistakes I had made, like cutting off the top of a statue's head or not noticing a busy background element. It's much harder to get great photos on the go in a chaotic environment... I wish I could have gone there all alone with my camera, like I had the good fortune of doing in Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens. My best shots of the chateau are of small details, like this one.

/MrsHjort

7 comments:

  1. Guess you'll just have to go back when it isn't tourist season. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... that would have been lovely. I bet it's gorgeous when it's fall and all the trees outside are glowing in reds, yellows and orange. What a dream to go there at that time :)

      Delete
  2. Yes! I have the same experience. It's amazing what I don't see when I'm trying to get a good shot. It's only after I've long left the place do I realize my mistakes. However, these detail shots are wonderful! I love the look through the oval window. Really gives a sense of where you were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there were so many pretty windows in the chateau, this one was especially fun to shoot. I really allowed you to play with composition :)

      Delete
  3. Hard job to get the window and the background looking sharp... you succeded! MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice perspective none the less! You are showing the viewers what the residents would see looking out the window. I wonder though what the shot would have looked like if the focus was on the landscape beyond the window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I may have one like that, maybe just not of this particular window though. I'll have a look :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...