Monday, September 16, 2019

Day 16 - Blossoms and Butterflies


Needless to say, there were many pretty flowers in the Château de Villandry gardens. Mr and I love places like that and ever since we bought our house (roughly five years ago) our interest into gardening has grown, so, naturally we now like visiting places like this even more. You just appreciate them better when you know how much hard work goes into keeping them so neat and tidy. Ours is nothing like this garden though, but we have become more and more like Hobbits, planting and replanting stuff each year. There's just such a sense of joy to watch things grow and become more or less what you envisioned it would be. I also love that the more flowers you have, the less room there is for the weeds to pop up between them. Win-win! :D

Today's bonus shot didn't get a before shot. I edited it so little it didn't feel like there was a point to it. It's som kind of mini bamboo looking plant that I've never seen before. It's very pretty, but I doubt it would like our climate. That's the pity about living as far north as we do - many of the flowers and bushed we love simply won't survive in our garden. Some will live if you tuck them in each winter though, quite literally - we put a soft weave over them to shield them from the wind. It's not pretty, but at least they survive to bloom another season.

/MrsHjort


8 comments:

  1. Nice shot of the one with the butterfly, and the bamboo one is a nice abstract (you might think about giving a distance shot of it, for perspective).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, sorry I don't I have one of the bamboo that is not zoomed in. I didn't think about it at the time. I was lost in the abstract world hehe :)

      Delete
  2. So what is there to life if you don['t take time to stop and smell the flowers :) MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bamboo shot. Filling the frame is a great technique which you used to perfection on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it. I love it when I find subjects that you can do this with, and this one was simply screaming for it.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. I like the texture of the bamboo shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love it when you find subjects like that :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...