Saturday, September 28, 2019

Day 27 and 28 - Celle



We've traveled again, I realized the challenge has come close to its end and I did not want to leave out my shots of Celle, so I skipped ahead a bit. Celle is a wonderful medium sized German city that is known for its picturesque center with over 400 timber framed houses. Like I've said before, I adore old architecture, and this city absolutely floored me with its beauty. We really only stopped by on one evening though - we arrived late on our way back north and left early the next day. I would have loved to stay there longer, but sadly our holiday was nearing its end and we had to get back home to go to work again. The city was absolutely stunning in the twilight, and eating there, outside as the sun went down, was magical. I have a feeling Celle will become a regular stop of ours as we go on our road-trips. One evening there is simply not enough and I want to explore some more. I managed to get some lovely shots of it though. I hope you like them too.

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. Nice shots, though I think the one is oversaturated (reds stand out way too much).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes maybe a little, red has a way of doing that sometimes when I edit :)

      Delete
  2. Very lovely city. I love seeing different places around the world and I've been so enjoying your photos. Interesting how all these places are right on the street, no lawns or front yard, but I guess that's how the city is. And everything is so clean! No trash cans anywhere that I can see but yet there is no trash on the ground and no graffiti. Warm and inviting. I like that you have the first shot with no people and the second has people sitting down to eat and such. And of course you have a reason to go back since you didn't get to spend much time there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful city. I love places like that, that are tidy and neat. Many European city centers are like that. More often it's the heavily populated areas a bit further out that have that sort of thing going on (unfortunately).

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...