Friday, September 6, 2019

Day 6 - Reitdiephaven



This is Reitdiephaven, a Groningen neighborhood that was built in Scandinavian style. It was one of things I just had to see before we left the city, so it became our last stop. I just love the colors of the houses and it's brilliant how thy're built right by the water. Gorgeous! Oh how I wish they built things like this where I'm from. You'd think we would, but strangely we don't see many houses in this style where I am from - mostly it's modernistic stuff with huge windows in boring colors. Those towers in the end houses are really something. I sure would have loved to see what they're like on the inside. It must be wonderful to enjoy your morning coffee up there :).

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Wonder if those towers also act as lighthouses? :) Pretty shot, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this scene and how you processed it. The vignetting sort of makes it look like a antique painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Normally I don't like processing shots from overcast days because the colors get so washed out, but this place didn't have that problem :)

      Delete
  3. My guesses for your announced extra shot were either this one or the Groninger Museum (https://www.groningermuseum.nl/museum).
    I love this neighbourhood as well, not typically dutch. It's architecture is inspired by the scandinavian style because of the longtime trading with the nordic countries.
    A some point I read somewhere that this location was highly ranked on international "sites you should shoot"lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, Reitdiephaven is very beautiful! It was one of the things that made us choose to go to the city. That museum sure looks interesting though, but I much prefer traditional architecture to the modern styles :)

      Delete
  4. Love all the different building colors and the light house type structure on the end buildings. Interesting how the buildings seem to be right at water level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful place. It's like it was built for photography, I couldn't have planned it better myself :)

      Delete
  5. The color and reflections are wonderful here. I don't think I have been anyplace that has such cheerful colors everywhere. MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen anything like it either. It's like a piece of art, that you can live in. Oh how I wish they would build areas like this where I'm from.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...