Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Day 11 - Glass Work


I couldn't let go of the pictures from inside Cathédrale Notre-Dame d'Amiens without showing you some of the gorgeous glass work. Like I said a few days ago, most of it has been changed out or renovated, but I really couldn't tell. Whichever way they were, they had amazing detail and every motif told a story. Mr and I stood a long time and just looked, trying to identify the biblical stories depicted.

If you have a sharp eye, you might note that there are some stuff missing in the edited shot - I removed some distracting elements. That's something I very often forget to do if they're not blatantly obvious. At least it is that way when I edit, since I know this I often return to my pictures at a later time to edit them a second time. That goes double if I'm putting them in a contest and I might go back to them several times to tweak tiny faults or mess with the contrast slightly. But maybe that's a common thing? Are you like that as well?


/MrsHjort


10 comments:

  1. Nice - but... you edited out the ten commandments? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful glass!!! I also remove distracting bits from some pics if they are not part of the subject and unnecessarily draw attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). That's how I feel about stuff like that too.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful detail, must have been majestic in person. MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes it really was. This Cathedral is right up there with St Peter's Cathedral in Rome. Both of them have that certain something that really wows you.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful glass windows and when it's not that crowded as in the more well known churches in Europe, you have time and room to admire & shoot all the details without people walking in and out the frame without even noticing nor caring that you were about to take your shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely! Some people are just totally oblivious and walk into your shot at just the wrong time to stay there for minutes as you wait for them to move on. But at the same time, it's their experience too and they are allowed to marvel at the beauty of places such as this just av well as I am...

      Delete
  5. Such beautiful detail in each glass window, and oh the colors! I usually forget to edit things out until later when someone points it out to me. Might have to try saving then going back later as you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always helps to look at things with a fresh eye :). I usually ask my hubby for his opinion as well. He's not into photography at all, but that's part of why I do it, because he looks at things very differently from me. Sometimes, when it comes to my own photos, I can't see the woods for the trees :).

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...