Thursday, September 1, 2016

Day 1 - Edinburgh Castle



This next series of mine will show you the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Mr and I went there for a few days this summer, and did all of the usual touristy stuff, but on steroids! You see, I've been to the city before, but back then, I didn't get to do any real touristy stuff – I wasn't there on holiday and my schedule was packed. So, this time I wanted to do all those things I didn't get to do last, and shoot all of the things I didn't have the time to shoot back then. Needless to say, I had a blast! I love Edinburgh and all its wonderful traditional stone architecture, I love the cozy pubs, the friendly people, the charming lilt of their Scottish accents and the smoky whiskey they serve. If ever I were to settle down outside of Sweden, Edinburgh wouldn't be a bad choice :)

I'm learning so much during this challenge of ours! By post-editing all these different shots every day I'm getting to know the Nik collection much better. Strangely, I've been ignoring one of it's many wonderful functions up until now. I guess I've been focusing on geting to know things one at a time, it's just how I roll, but now I've finally tried out the HDR tonal mapping, and it rocks! Before, I've used the detail extractor for the same purposes, and removed stuff selectively after hand, trying to make all the layers blend nicely (it's a pain in my self critical left eye), but the HDR function is vastly superior to that. Just look what it brought out of that uncooperative sky! Color me impressed!

Cheers

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Great, I'm really looking forward to your Edinburgh shots, it been years since I was there (without a camera) and you've already impressed on the first shot by bringing so much life to the sky through your HDR-ing, well done wee lass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely textures and shapes in this and a great start to your challenge. Very nice work with the HDR!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...