Thursday, September 22, 2016

Day 22 - Shadow and Light

This the inside of St Mary's Cathedral. Such a beautiful place! I was very relieved to have gotten this shot right. Shooting in a contrasty environment such as this is tricky. Either you blow out the highlights, or all the darker shades become way too dark, or you know, your hand shakes a bit and you end up with motion blur. I was absolutely sure I had botched the shots somehow... As it turned out I hadn't! Yey!

Images such as these are a joy to process, such subjects are so pretty that you can do almost anything to them, and they'll still look awesome. Even so, I didn't do much in post-ed, just some simple contrast and color fixes, and two selective treatments to get the white out of those wonderful flowers. The only thing that bugs me a bit is the sunlight falling on the walls to the right, but what can you du eh? This is still one of my favorites though.

Cheers

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I can see why it's one of your faves, the colours, details and symmetry all explode out of the image in a visual feast of excellence. I know how hard it is taking indoor shots, and you've pulled this one off spectacularly, well done.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...