Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Day 28 - Old Town



As you've seen, if you've been following me this month, I adore Old Town. The old stone buildings are so pretty! I've been shooting the district from various locations, but this is the only shot that I'm completely satisfied with. The others either had construction going on in the background, modernistic buildings clashing with the old architecture or annoying elements that crept into the shots somehow... I don't know how they manage it. It must be magic, because shooting is like "ooooh this sure is pretty" *snap, snap, grin, grin* and then later, when I view the pictures on my computer, I go "dang, how could I miss that big white construction tent on that roof in the background, ungh"! I was happy to have gotten this shot though. Fortunately, this viewpoint from Canton Hill was just right. Actually, you can get loads of lovely shots from there. So, if you're ever in Edinburgh, do yourself a favor and climb that hill.

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. Great colours, great shapes, great atmosphere. I really like the tower sticking out there like some dark, sinister element.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...