Monday, September 19, 2016

Day 19 - City View

The sun finally peaked out, as you'll see in this picture. My second day in Edinburgh was the opposite of the first. The previous day was as you'd expect; moist, cold and a bit windy, with a bit of rain... But this day... this day was an absolutely wonderful summer day. Quite uncharacteristic for the city according to the locals.

I shot this from the roof of the National Museum of Scotland, that's why there is a tiny bit of foliage in the shot down by the lower edge. Usually I'd clone it away, but in this case, I actually don't mind it that much, I'd even go so far as to say that I wish there was more of it :). It ads a little something to the scene.

The museum itself was a great experience. Mr especially had a ball there, the history lover that he is. He went everywhere to gander at all sorts of olden things. I much preferred the the more science related stuff myself though, the space section in particular was very nice. Check it out if you're in the city. it's definitely worth a visit.

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. I think you nailed the colours in this one spot-on, and not a hint of any haloing between foreground and background, which is usually immediately apparent, great work.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...