Saturday, September 3, 2016

Day 3 - The Royal Mile



This is the Royal Mile - the street that stretches from Edinburgh Castle, though Old Town and all the way down to the Palace of Holyroodhouse. I love walking along it. The old buildings there are so beautiful! I wish we had more of that where I live. Although today's modern architecture certainly has its appeal, they just don't build them like they used to, and I much prefer this - it has heart, and it feels much more alive than the clean straight lines of modernist architecture. Don't you agree?

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. You have done another wonderful job with extracting detail and colour from your original, and the composition is very effective. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...