Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day 11 - Royal Scots Greys




This is an other one of those shots with a blown out sky.... Gargh! I hate it when that happens! An overcast sky is hard to manage, and sometimes I forget to think about that... especially when I've been walking around all day and can't wait to get "home" to where I hung my hat that particular day. Thankfully, I've made progress with my "sky-fixer technique" using the "clouds" function under the filters menu in Photoshop. I figured I could use the perspective transform tool in order to create the correct distortion, and as you can see, it worked out quite well. It may not given me the natural details of real clouds, but at least it brings me a close enough approximation and it looks much better than it did before. So, I'm happy... at least for the time being. I'm thinking hard on how to make the effect more life like; maybe I could add some kind of ripple effect selectively, but I'll have to think on that some more before I start experimenting. No doubt the solution will come to me during the night...

Sleep tight :)

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. Great composition and crop on this one, I like the horse standing on the frame. And I feel your pain re blown out skies, they are my worst enemy also.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...