Monday, September 12, 2016

Day 12 - The Gate

This is an other shot of St Mary's Cathedral and its marvelously detailed architecture. I love the Gothic style... All those pillars and archs are so beautiful! Like I wrote back in day 9, it's a wonderful subject for photography.

If you've been around Daggerbay you may recognize this. You see, I've used a crop out of this shot for a contest held there. As I was working specifically with the contest in mind, I didn't bother editing the whole thing, and therefore the editing is a bit different in the two versions. This one is a bit brighter, and the stone is a bit more colorful. I don't know which one I like best though. I guess they're just different. There's just one thing that bothers me a bit - that I couldn't shoot this with the cross above the door smack right in the middle of the window behind it. A street lamp was in my way, so I got as close to perfection as I could without sacrificing other elements of the composition. Sometimes I wish I had a "vanish ray gun" that could remove distracting stuff haha.

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. Very bold and striking, great dynamics and details, once again loving the crop.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...