Friday, September 2, 2016

Day 2 - City of Stone

I'm constantly second guessing myself when I'm editing shots like these. I'm much more comfortable editing photos that were taken in sunlight. This overcast sky was a pain in the trigger finger as well as in that self critical post-ed eye of mine. I even wen't back to try something whilst writing this (not once but twice), only to discard it and go back again. I much prefer the way sunlight helps everything along, but this time not even the skylight filter helped me very much, since it turned things too yellow. sigh... You can't beat nature I guess. Well, I'll just have to grit my teeth at it all and accept the gloom.

That reminds me of something we overheard as we were walking along one of the streets close to our hotel; "In Scotland thare ur three kinds o' waither; reen, reen 'n' mair reen". Well thankfully the next day was much, much better.

Cheers

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Nice composition Nat, I like the road leading us into the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way the road leads to the car and beyond. I feel that you perhaps have too much detail/sharpening, particularly on the brickwork so that it feels a bit craggy, bit overall, the colours really pop nicely.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...