Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 4 - Odd One Out

Speaking of modern architecture, this building can be found at the lower end of the Royal Mile. It's the Scottish parliament building and it certainly stands out, don't you think? The shapes, material and colors are quite singular. It's one of those building that you either love or hate... or love to hate, or hate to love haha.

I like it as a subject for photography, it's design is provocative and it's a fun subject to play with. I shot it a lot, from many different angles and from different sides of the building. While I'm more fond of traditional architecture, this kind of modernism.. I don't know... I guess you can say it's unconventional design makes me want to be a bit unconditional too :). and it's always fun to be unconditional.

Cheers

/MrsHjort


3 comments:

  1. Looks more like it's under construction? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice popping contrast you have brought out on the design of that building. It definitely is interesting. Filling the frame gives the sensation that the facade of the building goes on and on forever.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...