Thursday, September 29, 2016

Day 29 - Castle Hill

This is the Castle of Edinburgh viewed from the rooftop of the National Museum of Scotland. It is a wonderful spot to shoot from, and a great place to rest after walking around looking at various artifacts for hour and hours... and hours! 

As I've mentioned before, Mr loves history. He can walk around happily and look at old things all day without loosing interest. I'm a bit too impatient though, so I like to find a nice place, and sit comfortably with my own thoughts studying what ever elaborate, detailed or interesting looking piece I can find. Usually, I'd go shoot stuff, but even if you're allowed to shoot, and you are at that museum, the lighting is too weak to get decent pictures without a tripod, and who brings a tripod to a museum? I may be a bit crazy, but not that crazy haha. So, sitting around it was...

This rooftop proved to be a welcome oasis though, not only could I sit around, but the sunshine was wonderful, the view was stunning, and the light was photography friendly :)

/MrsHjort

1 comment:

  1. Lovely viewpoint indeed, and I really like the hint of yellow Bokeh in the foreground, it adds some balance and context.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...