Sunday, September 10, 2017

Day 10 - On the Lake



If you're ever at Lake Como, I highly recommend going on the ferries! We spent a day travelling between Bellagio, Varenna and Menaggio, and it was one of the high-points of our trip. I love boats and it's simply wonderful to see the cities from the water. The boats go fairly often too, so it's a very convenient way to get around.

This is Varenna, as seen from the boat we were on. I just love the beautiful warm colors of the houses against all that green. It took me several sittings of post-ed to get it right. Sometimes I get a bit blind to my work you see, and I have to return to it later to get it right. This time it was the cyan color drift that bothered me. I brought it down two times after I first edited this, but I think I'm finally happy with the result. I hope you like it too :)

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an insanely beautiful area, and how you've captured it is very magnificent and professional, looks like a travel poster. I particularly like the inclusion of the ferry in front of the village and think the processing is outstanding. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on balancing the colours and make them shine individually. Sometimes its hard because changes to one colour almost always affect one or more others and you cannot always solve it using masks.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...