Monday, September 11, 2017

Day 11 - Tranquility

I processed an other lake shot today. It was a fairly easy one compared to the ones I've showed you the last few days. I just did the usual color and texture enhancements, and that was it.

Having grown up in a city by a big lake I always feel at home near water. I never grow tired of shooting it and I love just sitting and staring out at the horizon. The lake I live by is large enough for the horizon the water to meet the sky, but this place has prettier mountains. Not to say that the hills here at home are mountains - we only call them that in lack of higher things to compare them to.

Lake Como and Vättern are similar in other ways too. Both are very deep, and quite cold. Even in August it's extremely rare for Vättern to be hot enough for me to want to go in it, and I suspect the same i true of Lake Como. I didn't try though, but the pool at the B&B was lovely.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Nice and minimalistic - like this comment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it may seem simple it does require skills to get the most out of a good shot. You did well. The red stripes are standing out nicely against all those blues.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...