Saturday, September 9, 2017

Day 8 and 9 - Bellagio



After having spent a lovely day in Bergamo, our next stop was Lake Como. I love landscapes with mountains and water, and this place is absolutely stunning! The towns climb up the mountain slopes, so you have a wonderful view from almost anywhere, and there are so many places to eat where you wan marvel at it all.

We stayed in Bellagio for three days. Today's photos are from the fisherman's village, which is a five minute walk from where we stayed. A wonderful place to just sit down and take in the view....




The view wasn't just mountains though. Lake Como is also the home of many beautiful birds. I was so happy I brought several lenses along for the walk, so that I could get some closeups. It's like I said to Craig as he started his challenge; the only time when I get good bird shots is when I don't plan for them :)

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. This is a great bird shot, and even better processing. I like how you've highlighted the swan while still capturing some nice blue colours in the ripples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Bellagio looks seriously idyllic. Great point of view, great composition with the far bank horizon on the bottom third and the structure nicely central coming in from the left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your processing on the Bellagio image gives the reflections extra importance. The vignette is the cherry on the cake for the swan. It reminds me of two presets I created once upon a time for the radial filter in Lightroom and use a lot : subtle spotlight and inversed subtle spotlight.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...