Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 19 - The Watcher on the Branch



It started with "The Watcher" and then, as a huge Game of Thrones fan, I simply couldn't resist the rest of title. It's no raven though, so it's not a good a connection as it could have been, but hey, why not :)

This is another one of those unplanned bird shots. This little fellow watched us as we sat down in the shade, and since he sat there so calmly, I got plenty of opportunity to get shots of him. He was quite close too, so I didn't even have to change lenses, even though I had brought my telephoto lens along.

Moving along the trail of thought about gear, I have to say I'm very happy with the CPL-filter I got before this trip. It has really helped improve the colors, and the general quality of the sky in my photos. I have no shot without CPL to compare this to in order to show you the difference (if you're interested, you can find plenty of that on Google, here's an example), but wow, compared to what I used to get, it's miles better!

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. Super shot, great clarity and sharpness on the bird. Really interesting about the CPL filter, must definitely check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, they're not that expensive either. It's a cheep way to improve the quality of your outdoors photos and save you time in post-ed.

      Delete
  2. Nice lines to frame the bird, well done.
    I have a CPL filter that fits on both of my fav lenses but I don't use it that much anymore because I need to take the camera hood off to adjust when changing landscape to portrait. Other than that it works wonders indeed when I have time to adjust.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...