Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Day 4 and 5 - Light, Lines and Details













Yesterday was a busy day, in many ways and so I didn't have the time to post. So I'll catch up today instead. I promised you I'd let you have a look inside the church, so here you go :).

I'm not a religious person, but I do love to marvel at the amazing pieces of art that churches so often are. This was no exception... The details, the artwork and the architecture is absolutely marvelous. I went into many churches in Italy, but I think this one is my favorite. I was even lucky enough to remember to remove the CPL-filter from my lens as I went inside. Sadly, I did not remember that a few other times, and I gritted my teeth at it afterwards as I saw the pictures... Oh well, we'll see if I can save those shots later on I guess...

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. Well done on getting the colours sparkling. That ceiling looks so beautifull.

    I wonder if you were not tempted to use the lens corrections feature in Lightroom. I can imagine you choose to keep more of the pillars and isle visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, it's funny, but it just never occurred to me. I've been following the same old routine I've had for years (from before I started using Lightroom). Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely try it next time :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! fantastic shots Natalie, excellent symmetry and excellent capture of detail in both photos, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cool features in Lightroom. I love the gradient and radial filters and created a few presets that only sometimes need slight tweaking. I also created several personal presets for the preset section in the left toolbar like a "basic edits" that suits my personal taste. Such timesavers!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...