Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Day 27 - Verona



I was very pleasantly surprised by Verona. I've never been a fan of larger cities, but Verona is one of the ones I like. It has a lot of beautiful old buildings (I like!) and it didn't feel as crowded as large cities sometimes do. I always feel stressed out and uncomfortable in environments like that, where there are people everywhere, trying to get through, but I felt none of that here. It's a very pleasant place to be in.

As I said, the older parts of the city are gorgeous! Beautiful old buildings mixed with a bit of nature and there's history all around you. I love places like that. And they're a wonderful place to bring your camera too ;). This is Piazza Brà, one of the largest in the country. It's home to a lot of restaurants as well as an amphitheater and the town hall. A wonderful place to start your exploration of the city.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. A super pretty and colourful perspective leading us through the image with an awesome vertical subject balancing it out nicely, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verona is so lovely, there are some "to do" places like the balcony they claim to be Julia's.
    I do hope you went to the opera. We went a few times over the years and every time it was one of our travel highlights. Buy tickets for the stone steps,come early and bring a picknick. Gaze at the people on the red chairs and enjoy your seat amongst the normal italians.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...