Monday, September 25, 2017

Day 25 - Stormy Evening



I've always been fascinated by thunderstorms. As a child I'd stand in the window trying to catch a glimpse of a lightning bolt, and as an adult I do so still. I've tried to catch one on with my camera many times, and I've gotten a few shots, just none that look cool. One was just from one cloud to another, so no touchdown, and one was so far away it didn't look impressive at all. So I haven't really tried in a while...

This picture is not of a thunder storm but it made me think of that one evening at Lake Como when there was thunder for hours. We had a first class view of it too, sitting on the mountain side in a restaurant overlooking the lake. I'm sorry to say I left my camera at "home". Otherwise I would have given it a shot. I looked much like this though, only without the rays of light. Funny how a picture shot on a relatively clear day can make you think of a night of thunder :)

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. Again with the rays of sun? I must really learn how to do that properly, it looks awesome.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the CPL-filter had something to do with it - Circular Polarizing Filters darken the sky and help bring out the details in it :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, the rays almost look like a texture overlay, in a good way.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...