Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Day 6 - Up the Alley












So, today I tried out the lens correction tools in Lightroom, and as you can see, they work just fine. Compared to Photoshop's tools I would say they definitely work just as well. I did use the automatic crop though, and I think I'll avoid it next time - it left me with a slightly different composition than I started with. There's nothing wrong with what it left me this time, I actually think it's stronger, but I prefer not to have the software do the thinking for me - my picture, my composition :).

As for the post processing, it was quite simple this time - I mainly worked on enhancing the textures and colors - trying to make it look slightly less bland than what I started with, but not too wild. The sky was a no-go though, there simply wan't anything there to work with at all, so I had to fake it. I've been tweaking the color gradient a lot, and it took me a while to settle on this. I was constantly switching back and forth - is it too saturated, too dark, too blue, too grey? Finally I used the pipette tool, grabbed the color from the cobbles and chose a lighter more saturated nuance for the top gradient marker. I think I got it right... but then sometimes, when you go back to a photo later it's like "what was I thinking!?" Haha, I guess we'll see ;)

Cheers
/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. I agree on having a stronger image in this crop but like you I sometimes don't and in that case I choose to try my hand in the manual sliders and/or uncheck the "constrain crop".
    What I love about this image is how the building in the distance has a warm sunlit feel and the alley has the colder shadow colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great composition once again, a very detailed cobbled road leading us right into the warm and sunny alley way scene. A very inviting shot.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...