Friday, September 1, 2017

Day 1 - Bergamo



So... My blog has been dead as a door nail for quite some time now... Sorry about that. But now is the time for change, and instead of telling you excuses of how busy I've been, lets dive right into it. :)

Dagger Bay has provided me with the perfect opportunity to reopen my blog. We're running a Photo Processing Challenge and I aim to make it through all of the 30 days, or maybe even longer, it depends on, errrr well, loads of stuff I guess, but anyway, here goes.

This summer I went to northern Italy and that's my theme for this challenge. This shot is from Bergamo (old town), which is the first place we stayed at. It's a wonderful place to go if you're into old architecture like I am, and there are some really nice places to eat, yum!

This first shot is quite heavily processed as you can see. It went through the usual enhancements in Lightroom and then I pulled out the big guns in Photoshop (tree words, Google Nik Collection). I was uncertain as to weather I should clone away the top leaves or not, but I decided to keep them in because I like how they frame the clock tower. I hope you like it too.

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. I totally love what you did to enhance the sky and the architecture. I also have and use the Nik Collection so I'm curious which one you used most. The Color Efex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marga. Regarding your question about the Nik Collection. Yes you're right, I mainly work with the color filters, and that's what I used for the shot. I had to use a lot of different ones in stages to get the effect I wanted, and I also did some color tweaking with a hue/saturation adjustment layer.

      Delete
  2. Great start, awesome processing, looking forward to this months blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see Italy through your lens :) Looks like a beautiful place with lots of nooks and crannies to explore.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...