Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Day 12 - A Surrender to the Blues



I spent a lot of time tweaking this. The blue color drift and the gloomy atmosphere bothered me and I really wanted it to... I don't know... pop into my vision of the shot I guess? I wanted my Italy photos to be bright and colorful, but alas, no matter how much I tweaked and poked, I wasn't satisfied. Cranking up the saturation only made things worse and adjusting the hues manually only made it look artificial. Finally I decided to give in to the "problems" and embrace them. Let there be gloom, let there be "blue" and let there be less saturation. It's not usual my sort of thing but this shot seems to need it. So there, I surrender!

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if you also tried gradual/radial filters/masks in Lightroom and or masked layers in PS. You probably did and I know you sometimes need to surrender to the shot. So you made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think so.

      Yes, I tried those, and a bunch of Nik collection adjustments, but they only made it look worse. I was still unhappy about the shot yesterday, but I think I've come to terms with it today haha. Now I like it despite the gloom :)

      Delete
  2. Looks okay to me, but I think I know the problem you refer to (sometimes adjusting the curves in PS also helps a bit) It is however still a great shot, love the foreground interest and it's placement.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...