Monday, September 18, 2017

Day 18 - Jump!

Here comes another one of those cliché travelling shots. It seems where ever you go where there are cliffs, there are always people willing to jump off them. As we sat down to have our lunch people started chanting "Jump! Jump! Jump!" as this woman stood on the top of one of the cliffs. So out went the camera, and this is the result.

I'm never really happy with these shots when I see them in my computer. If I get the person mid-air, the drama seems lost to me, and if I get them splashing down I think it looks like just another splashy wave. This one is one of the better ones though, since it genuinely looks like she is falling and not just resting on the rock in a funny position haha. Plus, I got her against the darker spot in the rock which made her stand out more. Yey :)

2 comments:

  1. Love what you've done with the water, look extremely inviting, and great job with the timing too, I can imagine you waiting patiently while she plucked up the courage to jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a moment to actually see the woman, I expected a jumper at the point and not in the middle and wondered how you could capture a jumper from your lunch spot :D

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...