Thursday, April 10, 2014

Day 10 - "Old and New"

There's an area of my hometown - or well, the next town (they're so close you can't even see where one begins and one ends, I tend to think of them as one) - with these really old brick buildings. I like the traditional architecture very much and the bricks makes an interesting subject to shoot. The only modern things they've added are these large letters to indicate which building is which.

The different textures of old and new caught my interest today as I was on my way to one of my favorite lunch places. There's a great little restaurant in the area that has the best fish and chips in town(-s haha). I love Thursdays - Thursdays are when I get to eat lunch out, with Mr :D

/MrsHjort 

10 comments:

  1. Great abstract, and this has a slight optical illusion feeling to it, as it's hard to know which bits stick in or out at first glance. Powerful colours and I like the tilt. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto everything that Kim said. I really love this one, my favourite so far. I like the sharpness, the colours, the clarity and the strength of the photo. Just my cup of tea !

    ReplyDelete
  3. G for 'Great' :-) I really enjoy the contrasting textures and the character in those bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great contrast of color & texture! Looks great & the crop and composition look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes interesting combination of rustic and new... even the colors contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice composition. Where do you live Mrs Hjort or is it Hjört? Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's Hjort, translated it means "deer". I live in Huskvarna Sweden
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huskvarna

      Delete
    2. I know the name from the sewing machines! :-D

      Delete
    3. I thought you might ;). I've actually worked in that company myself and assembled them by hand, I've also assembled chainsaws (the same brand). Many of us living in my hometown have worked at the factory at one time or another. In fact, some of my friends still work there. It's sort of a rite of passage haha. I enjoyed working there - we were a great gang and had a lot of fun together each day, joking around whilst doing our job. Not that I don't enjoy teaching - it's the best :D, I love working with teens! There are so many wonderful young people :)

      How are things in Canada?

      Delete
  7. Cool shot that makes me check twice so see what I see,

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...