Saturday, April 5, 2014

Day 5 - "Home Is Where the Heart Is"

I love Saturdays! There's nothing in the world like waking up at home on a sunny Saturday morning with three purring cats crowded around you. Yes, I know, I'm a bit of a crazy cat lady, but I can't help it - I love it :D. It's always the thing I miss the most whenever we are away on vacation.

Saturdays are also calm, you have no early classes to teach, and no timetable. I so enjoy taking the time to make a healthy breakfast and drinking some coffee lazily looking out the window. Soon it will be warm enough to sit outside, and the strawberry season is coming soon. There's nothing in the world like waking up at home on a sunny Saturday morning and enjoying strawberries for breakfast out in the garden :)



11 comments:

  1. YOU have no early classes or timetables. WE have kids' sports and other chores to do on Saturdays! Sundays is OUR day for being slow in the mornings. Except for tomorrow as we have water polo finals, but that is not usual.

    But enough about that! Great colour and impact in this shot, and the use of the textured frame against the flat wall with the touch of shadow, is great. Good graphic and geometric shot! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I did write "you" didn't I :P. Sorry, my grammar tends to be a bit Swinglish, in either language - Mr and me usually speak a mix of the two languages at home, which is confusing for those who do not know us well. I hope your morning wasn't too stressful, and best of luck tomorrow :)

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha ! Oh the joy of retirement ! Every day is Saturday or Sunday with slight variations.
    I really like today's photo. It's striking in colour, texture and composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That sounds nice, lucky you :). How I long for the holidays!

      Delete
  3. Your wall matches your blog ;) You shot just enough of that textured frame to know what it is and still remain abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful color in this! The spaces are just right too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Love this so so much! The colors, the textures, the details, the compositions. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I am sure I commented on this. I love it. Just a teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frame and color of the wall. Perhaps not as abstract as it could be but the composition makes up for that. Eury

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...