Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Day 30 - "Up"

Today's picture is shot from directly underneath the subject, looking up. Like yesterday, this is something that has appeared in my challenge before. At first I thought that it would be nice to end the challenge the way I started it - by shooting the stairway again, from a different angle. It is a really interesting and variable subject, and it has such gorgeous reds and blues. But today is an overcast day - the lighting was just horrible - so I abandoned that idea pretty fast. So for the last time (for now); can you guess what this is?

I can't believe that the 30 days are up! It seems the challenge has gone by in a blink and it has been a lot of fun. I've also developed a great respect for those who do this for a whole year! Now that's a real challenge! It wasn't always easy to find something good enough each day, and that's only one 12th of a 365 day challenge. So, salutations to all those of you crazy enough to make it for a whole year, you are my heroes!

Also, I must say that I'm really impressed by all of my fellow 30-day posters. You've rocked, and it's been a treat to see what you come up with each day! Well done and congratulations on making this year's challenge really special!

Finally I want to thank all of you who have commented on my pictures. It has been so nice to get your input, and without you, it would have been a lot harder to keep on going. Thank you my friends, you are the best!

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. A fabulous shot! I have no idea what it is, but it looks prickly and I like the shadows it makes. The pale graduated blue background works well too. Some kind of brush, maybe? Anyway, it works very well as an abstract.

    And congratulations to you for finishing all 30 days of this project. You have done a great job and your poster looks wonderful! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and right back at you! Your pictures have been amazing!

      Nope, no brush :) keep guessing

      Delete
  2. It looks like either barbed wire or christmastree decoration to me. The shadows adds a subhtle death to the shot.

    Congrats finishing this challenge, you created a beautiful poster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You too, it has been fun to see all the cool shots you come up with each day :)

      Nope, no barbed wire or ornament, guess again :)

      Delete
  3. You have me very perplexed at what this is. At first, just like Marga, I thought it was some sort of decoration. I thought perhaps you could put a candle in it and the heat would make the little wings turn. But I cannot find anything like that in your challenge so then thought perhaps it was part of the clock as that had gold on it, but the clock looks robust and this looks quite dainty. so please, please, let me know.
    Also, congratulations on finishing the challenge. I know that it is not an easy task, especially since a day is filled with only so much time to ourselves and besides that you also commented on everyone's photos which I have to say is admirable.
    I also took great pleasure in reading your stories as they gave me a glance into who you are and you seem very fun, talented and interesting.
    All the best,
    Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw! Thank you so much Maggie, how kind of you to say! And thank you for commenting on my pictures, I really appreciate it. As Thelma pointed out in the thread at W1K, it would be much harder to do this without getting comments. You've really contributed to the challenge even though you've not played yourself. That gives me a glance into who you are - you seem friendly, generous and quite interesting yourself :)

      Delete
    2. Ok, maybe I can give up the secret now. This is the seashell lamp I shot on day 13 (I was laying on the floor when I shot this). The ceiling isn't really that blue, but the light from my windows somehow made it bluish and I enhanced that in post-ed.

      Delete
    3. I would never have guessed that. Thanks for letting me know! :-)

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful finale. Love the shadows. Wish I knew what it is as I can't think of a single thing.
    Congrats on finishing the Challenge. I have really enjoyed your theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thelma! Congratulations to you too! I've enjoyed your theme as well, it's so creative :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...