Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Day 1 - "Options"

After a good night's sleep the answers usually come, and for me it was "abstracts".

Abstracts is something I've not shot very often before, and I look forward to this month of shooting them. I's going to be exiting to try and look upon the world in new ways - like just now, on my way home from work! I realized that the stairway up to my office is a rather interesting motif. It is something I've never quite noticed before as I'm usually quite stressed as I run up and down between lessons, but today I stopped and "smelled the roses".

I currently work at the school I once went to as a student, and I remember thinking these stairways were hideous! But I've changed my mind about a lot of things since then.


I hope you like them too :)

/MrsHjort

13 comments:

  1. A fabulous start to your challenge! Great colours and the quirky angle makes for great diagonals and added interest! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I enjoyed your photo too, it was gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. Your viewpoint gives this attractive set of squares added interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors & perspective! Love the angle you shot from to show the dimension of the art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours and the angle makes this a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for you kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks very intresting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot, there is so much depth and interest in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping to learn something, watching your challenge. I have tried for years, but I have not been able to figure out abstracts. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) , it's not easy, I hope to learn too through your comments and looking at tings differently than I usually do. Mr asked me yesterday how one can tell if something is an abstract or not. I had no good answer haha

      Delete
  9. I'm a little late on the comments, but will try to catch up today. I like your theme and your very first image is a really good one. It's got nice color and good composition. As for how to tell if something is abstract is when the shapes and textures and composition take precedence over what the subject is. When the first thing you think of is .. Oh, this object is a vase or the a street sign or whatever you are taking pictures of, then it's not abstract enough. I'm sure you will do well.
    Eurydice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie! That's a good way to describe it, and also something to think about while shooting. I'll take it to heart :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...