Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 29 - "Infinity"

Have you ever had one of those nightmares where you crawl on the edge of an endless abyss? This picture reminded me of a dream like that. I have some dreams that seem to reoccur randomly. One of them is crawling along a very narrow bridge high up in the mountains at night, another is trying to cross a street but being unable to move because my legs have fallen asleep. A third, is loosing my teeth - for some reason I just spit them out, one by one, and then desperately try to get to the dentist, with my teeth in my hands.

Silly how some dreams keep coming back, fortunately they're not all bad. For the last month I have been dreaming regularly about vacationing in Thailand. That one is not puzzling at all, since I'm going back there in a couple of months. The nightmares, however, are more of a mystery. I've obviously never been in any of those situations. The unconscious mind works in strange ways.

/MrsHjort

5 comments:

  1. Nice combination of gray tones and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely textures and a very precise diagonal. I wonder whether it might not have felt quite so graphic and perhaps a little more organic (although I realise it was probably deliberate) if the diagonal line was offset a little from the corners. But I live the way the far background grey is so soft. Awesome differences between the two sides.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, so graphic. The shading is very interesting and one triangle compliments the other really well. I'd love to know what it is exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've actually shot this thing already, but from a different angle and in different light. It's the watering pot from day 8. :)

      Delete
  4. Very nice juxtaposition of hard and soft; it works very well. I think I prefer the composition not to be in the exact corner. I think a little offset makes it less predictable and more natural. Eury

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...