Thursday, April 24, 2014

Day 24 - "Deep Waters"

The blue in this made me think of water. I have always loved to be around lakes and oceans. As I grew up I lived right by Vättern - Sweden's second largest lake. After a five minute walk I would be right at the beach, which was great fun in the summertime! I remember that when I was a small child, my father and I used to walk down to the marina to look at the boats. Funny how you remember little things like that just by looking at a picture, I haven't thought of that for ages! Nowadays I live further up the hills but I can see the lake from my window, and sometimes I walk down to that little marina to shoot (that's actually my parents in this picture).

One of the highlights each Thursday is taking the train into town before work. The railway runs right by the waterside and the view is just as stunning each day. In many ways Vättern has always reminded me of an ocean. It is so large you can't see the other end, and just like an ocean it has a lot of different moods.

/MrsHjort




7 comments:

  1. Interesting lines and shapes. It looks like the back of a canvas print to me, but there's something not quite right about that either, so I am not sure. But I like the composition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you're almost right, it is actually two canvases, I shot the edges of two larger pieces of art.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful geometric shapes and I agree that it has a feeling of water. I also loved that you shared your story with us; it is very sweet. :-) Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, and thank you for commenting! I thought it was fitting with this week's visionary theme in mind :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent lines creating a geometrical composition that is very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one has a much softer look that most of your other ones. Puzzles me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the tension those lines create in today's image.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...