Sunday, April 27, 2014

Day 27 - "Hearts and Spades"

This made me think of playing cards. I've played a lot of hands during the years, but just for fun. In our family we have a tendency to developing preexisting games into more complicated versions. Like to this one game, we added an extra deck to make it more exciting, and then another one if we felt the need for even more things to keep track of. Playing various games keeps the mind "on its toes" and teaches it new tricks. And it's enjoyable too.

When I was a young teen we used to tell each others fortunes with cards. Silly huh? Each of the Jacks symbolized a guy we liked, and the different colors told the fortune - the diamonds were children, hearts spoke of love, spades of quarrels and cloves foretold money. Each Jack was given 12 cards and those would tell what the future would look like with the guy in question. My, my, my, haha, how silly we were! But it was a lot of fun for a bunch of giggly 13 year old girls :)

/MrsHjort



7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why you see cards in this, because I am reminded of a sporty car, although I can't tell what those two pale reflections are. But I do like the curvy diagonal that bisects the composition. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Black and red, just like a deck of cards - hearts are red and spades are black :), that's how I ended up there.

      Delete
  2. I love your tales. Such an imagination ! I can't see anything specific in this but I really like the big splash of red. A really good abstract.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy my ramblings ;). It's fun to drop a line or two to accompany the pictures.

      Delete
  3. I have no clue what I'm looking at but black and red in a subtle diagonal work well and the white reflecting lines plus gray ball add interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this. Have not idea what it is but think it makes a wonderful and very illustrative abstract. I also really loved your story of fortune-telling with cards. Great story and I see that you are quite the romantic in your heart. Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. I think you're right. I don't like cheesy romantic films but reality is something completely different. Some pictures seem to bring back memories like that, sort of like time travel. :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...