Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 21 - "Happy Helpers"

In our family you can always count on people when you need them. We (all of us) have been helping Mr's brother's family move and renovate their apartment the last couple of weeks. Now it's time for the family to rally around us and help out with a big project in our garden. If you can figure out what the picture is of, you might guess what it involves.

Since we've moved in Mr has become garden-mad. I would have never guessed it, since he didn't even water our plants when we lived in the apartment. Now, he's got a lot of great ideas and carries them out in no time. He jokingly says that when we're done he'll charge an entrance fee haha.

I never thought I would enjoy gardening as much as I do. When I grew up I hated it. But things change and now I'm off to de-weed the strawberry tillage. I love sunny days!

/MrsHjort

6 comments:

  1. No doubt, it's a rusty spade. Good for you to not center it, that would create a boring image. The rust looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are. The guys are digging out a slope so that we can have three levels instead with stone walls.

      Delete
  2. A great shot, and I like that it's not centred, but I would probably have moved it even MORE to the right. Great shot, and love those colours and textures. Very warm and inviting.

    And I hate gardening. I like how things look once I have done it, but I really hate the act of doing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I would have too, but then the edge of the shovel would have gotten in the shot, and thought this had better balance than the zoomed in version.

      Yes, it is a great feeling when your done isn't it ;). Although I like the process as well. There's something strangely satisfying with digging up weeds. When I finally find the really big roots, that are real deep down and hard to find I go "HA! Gotcha!" haha

      Delete
  3. I'm no gardener but I like a nice tidy garden and luckily I have a very small one. Pot plants are more my thing and I have them everywhere. I really like this photo very much with the rough texture and rich colour which contrasts with the grey spade. Next I expect we'll get muddy boots or suchlike !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there goes the freshly painted idea. Nice find, love rustic stuff.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...