Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 28 - "Summertime"

You know it's summer when you start seeing these things to the right. To some they are a symbol of holidays, and to some they are a curse. I've never had one myself, but I've used one and I must admit that I liked it.

Today was t-shirt weather, and the trees are green, can you believe it! For a Swede, who lives in darkness for months in the wintertime, the spring is always welcomed with joy, and relief haha! In December we all fell like bats - the sun is down when we get to work and it's down again when we get home. That means no sunlight whatsoever, if you don't go out on your lunch break. Ah, but joy! Now the days are growing longer and longer. In northern Sweden the sun soon won't go down at all. I've never seen it though - I live down south - but it would certainly be cool. Sometime, maybe, for now I'm satisfied with watching the daily changes outside in the garden. Summer is here and the flowers are blooming :)

/MrsHjort


6 comments:

  1. Very cryptic but I love the texture and the washed out colours in their neat diagonal row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty texture and a lovely graphic composition. I am not sure whether I want the brown line to go all the way to the other side of the frame or whether I like it cut off shorter in the middle on the bottom edge, but I think I like it shorter. Good call.

    Our days here are getting shorter. The kids have been on holidays for two weeks so we have been getting up later, but now they are back to school, and we are back to waking earlier, the mornings seem soooo much more gloomy than they were last term! Gah, winter is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good diagonals but I feel that the texture could have been made a tiny bit more obvious to make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thelma. Considering the subject, I didn't want the texture to be dominant - it's kind of subtle in real life and i wanted to keep it that way for authenticity.

      Maybe it's time for a clue; the people who consider these to be curses are drivers. You don't want to be stuck behind one of these on a one laned road.

      Delete
  4. Wow. Even with a clue, I'm pretty clueless. But, what fun would this game be if nobody guessed? right? okay, well the best I can come up with is the texture on a recreational vehicle as I could see having something so huge in front of me on a one-lane road would be really not fun.
    Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Close enough :), i'ts the side of a caravan. Hats off for you!

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...