Friday, April 25, 2014

Day 25 - "Glow"

Light can do wonderful things to mundane objects. I'll lift my hat to the one who can guess what today's picture is of! I'll give you a hint; this thingy is usually white.

The Swedish word for glow ("Glöd") has multiple meanings; in some contexts it can also be interpreted as "Spunk". Today has been a very energetic day. I haven't had the time to eat lunch until just now, but somehow I've not tired the least. I've filled in for a college who is ill today, and despite leading 5 classes, almost non-stop, I felt as clear headed teaching the last class as I did the first. Funny how some days are like that. I love them! It's a great feeling going home from work and thinking "Yes! I nailed it today". That's what makes teaching the best profession in the world. When things sort of just flow - you get your pupils to the next level and also have a lot of fun along the way :)

/MrsHjort

8 comments:

  1. I have no idea what that is, but the glow and light and warm colours are beautiful. I might have said window or picture or doorframe, but I am sure it's not that obvious. Nice abstract with great impact!

    And yes, good days are great. But sometimes they seem few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Nope keep guessing.

    Yep. We all go through rough times like that. Last autumn was extremely stressful, so now I really cherish this year's lovely warm spring and the many good things it has brought + the fact that I actually have free time now. I hope things turn around for you soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly can see the texture on the surface what ever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see how you evolve in finding more abstracts every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's too bad that it has a bit of color noise, but it's quite nice and I like the alternating corners for the composition. I am thinking that this could simply be the white frame around a window sill with the orange being the wood inside. probably wrong, but hey, that's okay too! :-) Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks

      Nope, but that was a great guess, I can totally see it :)

      Delete
    2. Okay, I've come back to see this and I have a different answer now. I think it is a door that is open. The white to the left is the wall of the room the door is open into and the orange is the actual door. The edge of the door is painted because the other side of the door is painted too. .. Again, maybe wrong, but fun to guess. Eury

      Delete
    3. No, that's not it either, but your kind of close - it is a door, but it's actually a close up of a kitchen cabinet door with the sun reflected in it. It's usually white but this time of year the sun shines into my kitchen at sundown and creates these beautiful colors :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...