Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Day 16 - "Paint it Black"

As this shot popped up on my screen today Rolling Stones immediately started playing in my head. Funny how that happens sometimes. Just yesterday an other photo made me "hear" Oh Santa by Mr B. It's nice when it's something you like, or, like in the second case, also find witty. But we've all been stuck with that annoying song that just wont stop "playing". Then it's best to find something one likes quickly to replace it, if even possible!

One of my friends introduced me to a rather unique band called Steam Powered Giraffe about a year ago. One of their songs stuck on my mind after just hearing it once! I didn't like it that much at first, but it grew on me and now I'm just as crazy as my friend. I listen to them all the time. Don't you love how friendships can make you find new things to like?

/MrsHjort

7 comments:

  1. Another very well seen shot. I like how the black surrounds the bright colour that converges into even brighter at its centre. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great taillight shot, I like the combination of gleaming red and yellow (taillights are my favorite part of cars to look at for this very reason, in fact, I like or dislike various cars based largely on this factor) The black of this shot also looks wicked against it, though the matt reflection seems to dull it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Red, yellow and black - what a great combination. Well photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great abstract! Wonderful lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you dared to chop off part of the light, it adds to the feeling of seeing a big yellow teeth grin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I never thought about that. Maybe I should have named this one the "Yellow Toothed Beast" ;)

      Delete
  6. Lots of laughs... such a smiling happy face I see here.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...