Sunday, April 20, 2014

Day 20 - "Angles"

Geometry was always my favorite type of math as I grew up. Maybe because it's so real - you can solve it logically just by looking. Geometry is everywhere in our every daily lives and it's easy to find examples to explain why things are as they are. Last semester my students got a homework project that involved designing the "swimming pool of their dreams", they also calculated it's volume, to see how many liters of water it would hold, and its area, in order to see how much tiling it would need. It tuned out very well, and it was a lot of fun to see what they had come up with.

This picture turned out pretty geometrical. I love that you can find math in photography. The golden ratio crops up again and again in most great photos, as well as the subjects we shoot. Math is beautiful :)

/MrsHjort

7 comments:

  1. A fantastic shot with great colour and geometry, of course. Excellent composition and interesting minor elements that really enhance the whole thing.

    And that's a most beautiful video illustrating the place of maths in nature. Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Math and geometry is not my force but I do appreciate well balanced images. On the other hand I also love it when it's very obviously off and intruiging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. I favour geometrical subjects and you've mastered that style. This is also striking with the crisp red and white. One of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful in white and red and thank you so much for sharing the video as it was stunning! Eury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I always get goosebumps watching it :)

      Delete
  5. The little paw print at the end makes this one special. You get such nice rich colors. Everything must be freshly painted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, our hall, where this is shot, was pained a just few months back. I enhanced the saturation a bit in post-ed, but not by much :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...