Saturday, April 19, 2014

Day 19 - "Spring Days"

I have always liked yellow on my bedroom walls. It makes each morning seem optimistic somehow - I love waking up to a sunny morning.

Today is not only sunny inside, but outside too. Great weather for shooting this month's calender picture, and for gardening too. I have declared war on the weeds. When we moved in they grew all over, seriously, I mean it, all over! I can't tell you how many huge carrot-like roots I've dug up. But finally the weeds are beginning to surrender to me. Today I will deliver the final blow ;)

Just got a call from Mr, who is at the store: Mr: "Would you care for a barbecue breakfast?" Me: "What?!". Mr has been dying to to barbecue ever since the first flowers started blooming, and now that he has a new grill to replace the old broken one, he's Captain Eager! Although I love barbecue, I can't say that it's my preferred breakfast haha. We'll have some strawberries in milk instead and save the barbecue for later.

/MrsHjort

6 comments:

  1. When I first read your commentary, I read, 'now that he has a new girl to replace the old broken one', and I wondered how you could be so off-hand with such a gravitous situation and be so downputting of yourself! But then I realised my mistake!

    Anyway, as to the picture, it's awesome. Love the tilted angle and the beautiful bright and cheerful yellow works very well. Great abstract to add to your poster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Heaven forbid! No, we're still pretty crazy about each other :). We both knew, almost from the moment we met, that we would end up together.

      Thank you Kim!

      Delete
  2. I love romantic stories. Aaah !! I also love yellow and white together. The triangles look good together especially as one has lines as well. Great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very classic combination and the diagonal enhances the difference in colour and texture well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that yellow is bright and sunny and must make waking up very happy especially living in a country where the sun in winter gets up so late and goes to sleep before babies do. Eury

    ReplyDelete
  5. White white and yellow yellow... nice colors.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...