Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 13 - "Memories"

If you've read this thread at W1K you know that Mr and me got married in Thailand. And while this seashell lap has absolutely nothing to do with that (it was a gift from my mother in law) it still makes me go back to that little cozy hotel. Funny how the mind works.

It's gone six years since our honeymoon/wedding trip to Koh Samui. That place will always be very special to me and when I leave the island it feels like I've left a peace of myself behind. I love Thailand...

I've been thinking of that place with increasing frequency the past couple of weeks. Want to know why? I'm dying to tell you! One day, out of the blue, Mr surprised me by telling me we're going back there this summer. Oh tears of joy, it's going to be a great summer holiday this year :)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. This is like a desaturated partner for your Day 4 image. Cool frame-filling shot! And a holiday to Thailand sounds like just the thing the doctor ordered. Or would order if you asked him to! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It will be a couple of months yet - we're not going until July - but that gives me plenty of time to long for it and think of what will come :)

      Delete
  2. Very pretty frame full of memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo... to go with your lovely story! I can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I can't wait to shoot them ;). I've learnt so much since I was there the last time.

      Delete
  4. Very nice collection all around! Individual shots are strong, and the end poster will be terrific! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot of an obviously sentimental trinket, you've expressed it's style and pattern very well (good to hear 'bout your upcoming summer vac too)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. I had wind-chimes like this about 40 years ago and I always loved them. My youngest grandson and his wife were married on the beach and had their honeymoon in Koh Samui which was just magic. I'd be happy to go back any day. I really like the full-frame here as each piece is so clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small world! That must have been great. We were married at the beach as well. Not formally though, since that demanded loads of paperwork and embassies, but we had the ceremony there. We did the paperwork in Sweden a month later, or somewhere there about, I can't ever remember the date - the one in Thailand is the one that counts :)

      Delete
  7. The repeated pattern creates a nic simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...